Wednesday, April 22, 2009

7 Ways to Cut Your Budget: #4 and #3

#4: Freebies

Most free things are crap. Actually, they're things you think look cute but have no real use for. Some things are worth putting in the extra effort. I found this site called Weekly Freebies that has a list of new offers every week. I signed up for a couple of things in the mail. I got a free bag of lemon hinted popcorn, Tide total care, and a sample of Christina Aguilera’s perfume. I didn't use the perfume but I did get it. If you don't like the variety of products they also have a list of sweepstakes. I entered the Olive Garden: "Trip to Rome" sweeps that took place last month. I didn't win, not that I wanted to, but I did win a $25 gift card as a consolation prize. Pretty sweet!

#3: Online Deals

I’m not just talkin’ grocery coupons either, though they are helpful. There are some things that cost a bundle, but you can’t do without, like medication for one. If you use Zyrtec, go to the manufactures site and get a coupon for it. If books are your guilty pleasure, buy them from half.com. People sell there gently used books for a competitive price. If it’s a novel, you can probably find it for around $0.75. Here are some other sites that offer great deals.

Electronics: Amazon, Tigers Direct, B&H Photo and J&R World.
Printer Ink: HP.com (they do free shipping and 2 day delivery), 123 Inkjets, Walgreens and Carrot Ink.
Shoes & Accessories: 6pm.com, DSW and Payless.
Books: half.com, Amazon and Overstock.

Know any other merchants with great deals? Post 'em here.
----------------
Now playing: Justin Timberlake - Summer Love
via FoxyTunes

No comments: