Monday, July 27, 2009

I was reading this other blog posting about having a quarter-life crisis. It's where you feel you're told old for some things but too young for others. It's also a time where you're transitioning from a student to a self-sufficient adult. I definitely feel like that some days. I don't yet feel like an adult quite yet. I can't possibly afford my own car anytime soon, or even my own place, and I'm only a teeny bit closer to my dream career than I was a year ago. I decided to make a list.

Things I'm too young for:

Singles events (people in their 30s+ usually show up)
eHarmony (same reason as above)
Renting a car
Getting married
Having kids (I'd like to continue spending money on myself)
Settling for a divorced guy (or settling, period)


Things I'm too old for:

Six Flags (especially the runaway train)
Half my waredrobe
Books with pictures
Nickelodeon
Twin beds

Though, I'd have to say "it could be worse". I could be drowning in student loans, or living with my mother. Not that that is an option; she would probably drive me insane. I did take those 3D online classes and moved closer to NYC. I've accomplished a little something at least. Anyone else out there having a quarter-life crisis? What are some of the things you're experiencing? Post 'em here.

No comments: